|Job Title:||Regional Business Director||Job Category:||Director (1st Line Leader)|
|Travel Required:||Yes||Position Type:||Full-Time|
|HR Contact:||Karen Wright/Kathy Rogers||Date Posted:||02/16/18|
Roles and Responsibilities
- 50% of time will develop, enhance, and increase Jaguar Specialty Region sales performance to meet or exceed annual Company sales and market share objectives. Implements a Region sales strategy (region business plan) to be executed through the Representatives. Exercises fiscal control on allocated operating budgets
- 50% of time will be required calling on High Value Targets in White Space areas.
- Impacting HCP’s and key accounts on the value of our product as well as competitive products
- Executing calls to key HIV/GI HCP’s to develop executional steps to impact patients
- Emphasis on Patient Advocate Organizations and activities to impact our unmet need
- Recruits and selects applicants from a pool of highly qualified diverse candidates to ensure all allocated positions are filled. Effectively administers salary and reward programs. Retains talent with demonstrated successful performance results. Applies appropriate coaching styles to each direct report that motivates high performance and ensures accountability. Provides regular, candid, and timely feedback which is documented in Coaching for Excellence. Ensures all direct reports have actionable Development Plans that grows talent for increased responsibility. Acts early to identify performance challenges or deficiencies and creates plans to appropriately address performance gaps. Works in close partnership with Head of Sales and HR, to guide all disciplinary action in the Region, up to and including terminations.
- Analyzes and evaluates the performance of the Region. Cultivates teamwork by participating in cross-functional, Regional & HQ teams to develop Territory Manager business plans and utilizes appropriate data sources to develop district tactical plans. Manages the district at a high level of productivity. Facilitates cross-district communications, projects and activities. Plans and executes district meetings that effectively implement objectives and strategies as determined by the Company.
- Acts as the customer channel expert for his/her district. Spends appropriate time developing customers, networks and their relationships to foster Company business. Responds to the needs of the customer in a timely and professional manner. Develops a highly integrated Regional business plan and contributes to the development of the National business plans. Develops positive relationships with Company internal business partners and customers. Develops and maintains mutually beneficial business relationships with key accounts to meet all assigned Company sales goals.
- Works as an External Champion for KOL’s and development of KOL’s in respective Territory Manger Markets.
- Builds and implements Sales Tactical Plans to impact Napo Business.
- Effectively calls on accounts and Key Providers selling our product in White Space that encompasses Regional Market.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts to maintain Napo’s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- Communicates candidly with supervisor and direct reports. Ensures an open communication environment for direct reports. Applies appropriate coaching styles to each direct report to develop skills and ensure accountability.
- Attends management and marketing meetings to recommend field needs and product strategies to ensure that the sales force has the sales tools needed to increase our market penetration. Evaluates policies and sales strategies. Provides feedback to senior management on the effectiveness and results of policies, strategies, and procedures within the district
- Develop a focused Vision and create a high-performance team environment which values continued professional development and personal accountability. Eliminate barriers and foster a solutions oriented mindset throughout the district. Exhibits both a long-term, strategic view of the business with an acute focus on driving immediate results.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 4 years successful pharmaceutical sales experience and experience in 2 or more of the following areas is required: Primary Care Sales, Specialty Sales, Institutional Sales, Senior Care Sales, HIV Sales, or managed Markets.
- If internal:
- Achieved Met Expectations or higher for two most recent performance reviews
- Demonstrates acceptable level of performance for all Regional Business Director Competencies Experience selling in the territory geography strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications.
- Ability to travel frequently > 70% or as needed (may include overnight travel).
- Should reside in territory geography or be willing to relocate.
- Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Meets or exceeds all sales, market share and budgetary objectives as defined annually in the Performance Plan or the National Standards.
- Meets or exceeds performance standards as defined in the Performance Plan and National Standards. Maintain a high performing district with minimal turnover of regrettable losses. Ensures that performance of employees in the Region is meeting and/or exceeding expectations and that underperformance is promptly and appropriately addressed in partnership with RBD and HR.
- Analyzes market place to develop Region Business Plan content, planned initiatives versus actual initiatives successfully implemented and results achieved.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Performance with Integrity and Compliance. Ensure all Jaguar Policies and Procedures are adhered to and training completed as required.
- Overall performance and development of the team, staff retention of high performers, turn-over of low performers, documented feedback in Annual Plans and Coaching feedback.
- Provides input and work with counterparts during the Business Planning process.
- Ability to assess skills and abilities and develop appropriately. Ability to provide resolution and direction in conflicting situations, follow through on long term vision. Ability to interpret strategy into short term results as measured in sales reporting tools and documented Performance Plan results.
Regional Business Director reports to Head of Sales.